That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, pink, brown and black mold-like substance on ice machine production area, a food contact surface
That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, ice machine’s production area, a food contact surface, was observed to have pink, brown and black mold-like substance
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted August 27, 2019
900 CALVARY RD STE 3
Carlisle, PA 17013
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection at Marcello’s Ristorante, Pizzeria, & Catering in Carlisle on August 27, 2019, finding nine violations resulting in the restaurant being found, “out of compliance” with state food safety regulations.
The inspector made the following observations in support of the findings in the inspection:
- Fish observed thawing in standing water, which is not an approved thawing method.
- The Person in Charge does not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Hot water knob on the handwash sink is broken and not functioning.
- Refrigerated ready to eat, time/temperature control for safety food prepared in the food facility and held for more than 24 hours, located in the walk-in cooler, is not being date marked.
- Facility does not have chlorine sanitizer test strips available to test the concentration of the dishwasher.
- Wall behind the shelf above the three-bay sink is damaged and needs to be repaired.
- Observed eggs stored above cheese, a ready-to-eat food in the walk-in cooler.
- Scoop being stored in the ice machine with handle touching the ice.
- Chlorine chemical sanitizer residual detected in the final sanitizer rinse cycle of the low temperature sanitizing dishwasher was 0 ppm, and not 50-100 ppm as required.