1023 State St
Lemoyne, PA 17043
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 4/6/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Karns Foods was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 7 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Raw oysters displayed next to and touching raw hard clams in common display equipment in meat department with no barriers to prevent cross-contamination.
- The hand wash sink in the bakery area was blocked by mixer blades and not accessible at all times for employee use.
- Broken/damaged doors on floor model holding freezer in deli
- Dust and grease accumulation on filers and walls of hood system above chicken fryers in deli.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Mildew-like growth on one shelf in the Coke/drink display cooler in customer area holding cooler.
- Plastic cutting boards on 5 work tables in meat/poultry prep area and 1 board in produce prep room have grown and black discoloration and excessive scoring from knife cuts on both sides of boards.
- Splash areas of two mixers in bakery had old food debris and dust accumulation
- Top of knife rack had dust accumulation in side prep area of deli.
- Old food debris and grease accumulation on top and edges of can opener blade in bakery.
Child struck in hit-a-run accident in Upper Allen Township
Authorities in Cumberland County looking for alleged stalker