1023 State St
Lemoyne, PA 17043
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 4/6/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Karns Foods was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 7 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Raw oysters displayed next to and touching raw hard clams in common display equipment in meat department with no barriers to prevent cross-contamination.
- The hand wash sink in the bakery area was blocked by mixer blades and not accessible at all times for employee use.
- Broken/damaged doors on floor model holding freezer in deli
- Dust and grease accumulation on filers and walls of hood system above chicken fryers in deli.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Mildew-like growth on one shelf in the Coke/drink display cooler in customer area holding cooler.
- Plastic cutting boards on 5 work tables in meat/poultry prep area and 1 board in produce prep room have grown and black discoloration and excessive scoring from knife cuts on both sides of boards.
- Splash areas of two mixers in bakery had old food debris and dust accumulation
- Top of knife rack had dust accumulation in side prep area of deli.
- Old food debris and grease accumulation on top and edges of can opener blade in bakery.
Upper Allen Police say 43 year old woman they say injured family member in assault
Child struck in hit-a-run accident in Upper Allen Township