Thank you for visiting The Pennsylvania Chronicle. Please share your comments below and visit the Pennsylvania Chronicle Facebook and Twitter social media accounts.
Wagner Releases Plan To “Empower Pennsylvania’s Economy”
Jobs Policy Will Cut Taxes, Reduce Regulations, And Harness Economic Potential
2018 gubernatorial nominee Scott Wagner yesterday released what he’s calling detailed, substantive plan to improve the economy and create jobs in Pennsylvania. Wagner’s says his plan will eliminate burdensome regulations that hold businesses back from growing and expanding, lower taxes on employers so they can hire more workers, bring accountability and certainty to the permitting process and capitalize on the natural resources Pennsylvania has at her disposal.
“As a job creator that has started businesses from the ground up, I know exactly what we need to do to make Pennsylvania more business friendly,” Scott Wagner said of the plan. “Harrisburg’s excessive tax and regulatory climate continues to stand in the way of our economic potential and I’m committed to changing that. My plan will get government off the backs of business owners so they can innovate, expand and produce the economic prosperity that has eluded us for far too long.”
Jeff Bartos added, “With our bountiful natural resources, strategic location, world-class institutions of higher learning and hardworking women and men eager for opportunity, Pennsylvania can be the fastest growing, most dynamic state in the nation. All we need is leadership. Governor Wolf has failed to foster growth and prosperity because he refuses to harness Pennsylvania’s many strengths, is indifferent to vital industries like agriculture and energy, and stifles growth with burdensome regulations. Our plan turbocharges Pennsylvania’s many assets and will make Pennsylvania a world leader in the modern economy.”
House Labor and Industry Committee Chair Rob Kauffman said of the plan,“As the rest of the country experiences unprecedented growth, Pennsylvania’s economy is lagging. We are the 2nd worst state for job creation and we have the sixth highest unemployment rate in the nation. Our businesses and workers are struggling under Governor Wolf’s excessive regulations and permitting wait times. Scott and Jeff’s proposed reforms can fix these issues. Their business backgrounds and their economic proposals attest to their grasp of these issues and their ability to solve them. I look forward to working with Scott and Jeff to implement these exciting reforms and give Pennsylvanians an opportunity to succeed.”
Norbert Dotzel, owner of Dotzel Trucking and Topsoil, where the announcement of the plan took place, said, “Scott Wagner will bring an entrepreneurial spirit to Harrisburg. He has built multiple businesses from the ground up and offers Pennsylvania vision and leadership. For decades, Harrisburg has taken an adversarial position toward Pennsylvania’s business community. Scott and Jeff are promising to turn Pennsylvania’s government into a business-friendly, customer-oriented enterprise. Their proposals will support workers and business owners by growing our skilled labor force and empowering job creators. With Scott and Jeff implementing their plan, I am excited for the future of my business.”
Scott Wagner and Jeff Bartos say Pennsylvania has the potential to be a major economic powerhouse. They say Governor Wolf has not implemented any economic policies or plans leading to growth for Pennsylvania, and we are currently lagging behind the national economy and the economies of our neighboring states. The GOP candidates they they will be the leaders Pennsylvania needs to ensure our great Commonwealth’s economy is empowered.
Here are some highlights of the plan from a press release issued by the campaign:
1. REDUCING PENNSYLVANIA’S CURRENT CRUSHING REGULATORY SYSTEM
- Pennsylvanians and our businesses are being weighed down by the overabundance of regulations our agencies and local governments have placed on them.
- Scott and Jeff will eliminate unnecessary regulatory burdens, ending an overly complex system and ensuring that the regulations that do exist are necessary and effective.
2. CREATING A BETTER BUSINESS CLIMATE TO EXPAND OUR ECONOMY
- Tom Wolf has consistently tried to implement a tax and spend agenda which would stall potential economic growth.
- Scott and Jeff will work to implement tax policies which will encourage new business growth and support the businesses that have already invested in Pennsylvania.
3. ENDING STATE AND LOCAL BUREAUCRATIC INTERFERENCE STYMYING GROWTH
- Harrisburg and our local governments should not be an obstacle on the path to growing our economy, they should be facilitating and harnessing every opportunity for expansion.
- Scott and Jeff will provide the strong leadership necessary to remove this obstacle and successfully lead us on a path to a powerful economy.
4. HARNESSING ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES TO ADVANCE JOB CREATION
- In order to advance job creation, we must encourage economic growth opportunities.
- While Tom Wolf has failed to market Pennsylvania and grow potential opportunities, Scott and Jeff will work tirelessly to promote Pennsylvania and take advantage of every opportunity for growth.
5. MEETING EMPLOYER NEED BY DEVELOPING A HIGHLY SKILLED WORKFORCE
- Scott and Jeff know that an educated and well trained workforce is fundamental to supporting and growing Pennsylvania’s economy.
- They will provide the necessary investment to train our future workers and retrain our aging workers, delivering a skilled workforce capable to supporting any and all economic growth.
6. GUARANTEEING MAXIMUM GROWTH BY INVESTING IN PENNSYLVANIA’S INFRASTRUCTURE
- Scott and Jeff will advance an infrastructure plan guaranteeing the development necessary to support industry.
- From energy, transportation, agriculture and manufacturing, Pennsylvania can achieve maximum growth when robust infrastructure is available for our businesses and residents.