Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 15, 2019
Frank Theatres / Queensgate Stadium 13
Queensgate Shopping Center
2067 SPRINGWOOD RD
YORK, PA 17403
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services’s visit on March 15, 2019, to the Frank Theatres’s Queensgate Stadium 13 for an annual inspection required by the Pennsylvania Food Code resulted in the business receiving the determination it was, “out of compliance” as a result of finding violations the Department considers, “risk factors” higher than other violations.
This is the second consecutive annual visit Frank Theatres failed, during the last inspection during December 2017 the Department cited the business for 14 violations.
Observations made by the inspector in support of the violations cited included:
- The person in charge failed in their duties and responsibilities as evidenced in this non complaint inspection report.
- Observed pans and utensils (tongs) being stored as clean on shelving that has visible grease and food debris on food contact surfaces. Corrected on the spot.
- Observed cutting knifes stored as clean on magnetic knife strips with visible food debris adhered to the food contact surfaces in the bar kitchen. Corrected on the spot.
- Observed a gross accumulation of a black residue and mold like growth inside soda dispensing nozzles at the main concession stand. Corrected on the spot.
- Employees are not trained in food safety as it relates to their assigned duties as evidenced by improper ware washing observed during this inspection.
- Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – observed leaking waste water drain line underneath the three basin sink.
- Plumbing not maintained in good repair – a handwash sink in the main ladies restroom that does not dispense hot water.
- Observed white mold like growth on Martini olives stored inside a small reach-in refrigerator on the bar. Corrected on the spot.
- Observed a bar fruit storage/dispensing unit stored inside a reach-in refrigerator with dried fruit residue inside the fruit storage bins. Corrected on the spot.
- Observed a pizza pan with visible dried cheese debris adhered to the food contact surfaces being stored as clean on shelving in the bar kitchen. Corrected on the spot.
- Touch points (cabinet handles, refrigerator and freezer door handles, water faucet handles) are sticky, greasy or tacky.
- Observed a darkly stained cutting board with deep scratches and a liquid food residue adhered to the underside on the bain marie in the bar kitchen. Corrected on the spot.
- Observed handwash sinks located in the bar restroom, main ladies, ladies hallway and the main men’s restroom that have self-closing, slow-closing or metering faucet which do not provide water for 15 seconds without reactivation.