Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 20, 2019, at Cheddars Scratch Kitchen in York, PA
Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen
1540 TORONITA ST
York, PA 17402
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services visited the Cheddars Scratch Kitchen in York for an unannounced annual retail food establishment inspection. Following the inspection the Department determined there were risk factors sufficient to find the restaurant, “Out of Compliance” with requirements of the Pennsylvania Food Code and Department of Agriculture regulations.
The inspector made the following observations in support of the violations:
- Cut leafy greens, cut tomatoes various sauces/dressings were held at 59 – 62 °F, in the server salad preparation area, rather than 41 °F or below as required. 16.5 lb (7.48 kg) of foods discarded were valued at $24.75 by manager.
- Table mounted can opener cutting blade, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch
- Underside of mixer motor house – area directly over exposed food when in use, a food contact surface, was observed to have dried crusted food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Time in lieu of temperature being used in the food facility to control ready to eat potentially hazardous fresh brewed tea without written procedures or documentation to verify disposition of food.
- Cleaned and sanitized utensils – forks located in server area, are stored with food contact surfaces / food or lip area exposed to hand contact when retrieved by food employees.
- Corners of floor inside the walk in cooler and oil dunnage rack area of the food facility is extremely dirty, dusty, and in need of cleaning.
- A working container of sanitizer was stored on the same shelf with crackers and single use items on the server line and working container of sanitizer was on counter directly behind cutting board and beside bacon.
- Observed old date labels from previous uses on pans stacked and stored as clean. Water overflowing from food warmer observed dripping on food pans stacked and stored as clean.
- Food facility unable to provide documentation for monitoring of critical control points, and corrective actions in the HACCP plan submitted to and approved by the Department. Documentation for today is not completed to time of inspection. Cooling logs for previous two days were not available/were not provided when requested.
- The Person in Charge does not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Temperature measuring device for ensuring proper temperature of equipment is not available or readily accessible in bain marie equipment located on cooks line.
- Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – observed sprayer connection at the pre-rinse sink leaking.