Factoryville restaurant, Bluebird on US-6 blows state inspection, Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety
Factoryville restaurant, Bluebird on US-6 blows state inspection, Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safetyread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 7, 2019
2270 E MARKET ST
York, PA 17402
On Google the average reviewer scores the Dunkin Donuts on Market Street in York 3.3 stars out of a possible 5. For the last two years the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services says the popular restaurant has been rated out of compliance in annual unannounced inspections.
February 21, 2018, the Market Street breakfast hot spot racked up 12 violations. On March 7, 2019, the inspector reported finding 13 violations. This location is owned by Thomas P. Carpenter.
The inspector made a number of comments supporting the findings in this most recent visit:
- The Person in Charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of the PA Food Code as evidenced by incorrect responses to food safety questions related to proper ware washing, possible physical/chemical contamination of foods and proper cleaning of hand and ware washing sinks.
- The Person in Charge does not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed case of single-service drink cup lids directly on the floor, and not 6 inches (ca. 15 cm) above the floor.
- Food employees observed involved in drink and food preparation not wearing proper hair restraints, such as nets and/or hats.
- Squirt bottle of water used to spray espresso machine whipping wand is not labeled.
- The food facility does not have the original certificate for the certified food employee posted in public view.
- Broom and long handled dust pan stored between donuts case and shelving with coffee brewer and single use items with potential to contaminate food equipment and single use items.
- The quaternary ammonia concentration in the sanitizing solution of the 3-bay ware wash sink was below 50 ppm, rather than 150 – 400 ppm as stated on the manufacturers use directions. Discussed manually mixing until repaired.
- Manual ware washing equipment observed with build up of filth and oily residue and not cleaned before use, and frequently throughout the day.
- Interior floor of walk in freezer was observed to have fallen foods, food crumbs, plastic, tape etc.
- Food Employee observed rubbing face with back of gloved hand potentially contaminating and continued to prepare sandwich. Discussed with Manager.
- Observed plastic/silicone baking pans being used in daily food prep activities, which are torn and frayed and not durable under this usage condition.
- Brown oily residue observed in the handwash sink, indicating uses other than hand washing.
- A working container of Dawn all-purpose cleaner was stored on food preparation table with food, equipment and utensils.
- Coffee machine cleaning tablets stored on counter top/drink preparation table.