Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Olde Mille Restaurant in Intercourse; state inspection finds, 5-6 cockroach type insects, Pink moist residue on ice machine plate
Olde Mille Restaurant in Intercourse; state inspection finds, 5-6 cockroach type insects, Pink moist residue on ice machine plateread more
York’s Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen fails state food code inspection, 12 violations, 16.5 lb of foods discarded
York’s Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen fails state food code inspection, 12 violations, 16.5 lb of foods discardedread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted February 25, 2019
2161 South Queen ST
York, PA 17402
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services paid a visit to the A Plus at Sunoco located at 2161 South King Street in York on February 25, 2019, finding some 9 violations resulting in a determination the convenience store is, “out of compliance” with state regulations for retail food establishments. This is the second consecutive year A Plus was found to be out of compliant following a visit last March 8, 2018, when state inspectors found 7 violations.
Notably the inspector found milk on the shelt that expired 11 months ago in March and the conveniences store did not notify the Department of Agriculture of an, “imminent health hazard and cease operations.”
The comments the Department of Agriculture inspector made during this inspection were as follows:
- The Person in Charge does not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- The Person in Charge failed to notify the Department of an imminent health hazard and cease operations. Facility does not have available sanitizer needed to properly wash/rinse/sanitize equipment, utensils and food contact surfaces as required.
- Three pints of milk observed for sale in the retail coolers dated to sell by 3-8-18. Items were removed from sale
- Fountain soda machine nozzels ice chute, food contact surfaces, were observed to have brown, black and green mold-like residue and are not clean to sight and touch.
- Pan lids stored as clean and both in use and stored as clean utensils were observed to have old labels and sticky residue.
- Area of F’Real shake machine that is directly over open cup prior to mixing, a food contact surface, was observed to have heavy accumulation of food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Observed no chemical sanitizer being used on equipment and utensils.
- Observed a bucket filled with old food and grease not covered or removed from inside the facility.
- Intake / exhaust air ducts in the deli area were observed to have a heavy accumulation of static dust – potential to emit dust into the air.