Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned off at hand wash sink
Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned offread more
Clair’s Family Restaurant in Hanover tagged by state food safety inspection, 17 violations, food contact equipment stored under sewer line in basement
Clair’s Family Restaurant in Hanover tagged by state food safety inspection, 17 violations, clean utensils stored in container that has food debris and residueread more
Murphy’s Pub in Swoyersville “out of compliance” following retail food inspection, person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety
Murphy’s Pub in Swoyersville “out of compliance” following retail food inspection, person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safetyread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted February 25, 2019
2161 South Queen ST
York, PA 17402
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services paid a visit to the A Plus at Sunoco located at 2161 South King Street in York on February 25, 2019, finding some 9 violations resulting in a determination the convenience store is, “out of compliance” with state regulations for retail food establishments. This is the second consecutive year A Plus was found to be out of compliant following a visit last March 8, 2018, when state inspectors found 7 violations.
Notably the inspector found milk on the shelt that expired 11 months ago in March and the conveniences store did not notify the Department of Agriculture of an, “imminent health hazard and cease operations.”
The comments the Department of Agriculture inspector made during this inspection were as follows:
- The Person in Charge does not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- The Person in Charge failed to notify the Department of an imminent health hazard and cease operations. Facility does not have available sanitizer needed to properly wash/rinse/sanitize equipment, utensils and food contact surfaces as required.
- Three pints of milk observed for sale in the retail coolers dated to sell by 3-8-18. Items were removed from sale
- Fountain soda machine nozzels ice chute, food contact surfaces, were observed to have brown, black and green mold-like residue and are not clean to sight and touch.
- Pan lids stored as clean and both in use and stored as clean utensils were observed to have old labels and sticky residue.
- Area of F’Real shake machine that is directly over open cup prior to mixing, a food contact surface, was observed to have heavy accumulation of food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Observed no chemical sanitizer being used on equipment and utensils.
- Observed a bucket filled with old food and grease not covered or removed from inside the facility.
- Intake / exhaust air ducts in the deli area were observed to have a heavy accumulation of static dust – potential to emit dust into the air.