Red Lion, PA
Musso’s Italian Restaurant
406 E Broadway
Red Lion, PA 17356
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 3, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Musso’s Italian Restaurant in Red Lion was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 11 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Commercially processed refrigerated, ready to eat, time/temperature control for safety food, located in the walk-in cooler, and held more than 24 hours, is not being marked with the date it was opened.
- Slicer and can opener, a food contact surface, was observed to have old food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Clean utensils being stored inside of dirty storage container and in need of cleaning.
- Observed sides and bottom of fryers and pizza oven(cooking equipment) having an large accumulation of encrusted and solidified grease build-up and in need of cleaning at this time.
- Wall ledge above three compartment sink is made of cement and is cracked / roughened / and is not a smooth, easily cleanable surface.
- Observed broken and or unfinished portions of ceiling in various locations of the kitchen. 9/8/2018 Repeat Violation
- Delivery door located in the rear area of the food facility has a gap at the bottom area emitting light and does not protect against the entry of insects, rodents, and other animals.
- Observed flooring underneath cooks line Bain Marie unit and fryers are extremely dirty with soil, trash, dust and old food debris and in need of cleaning at this time.
- Floor drain and PVC piping underneath three(3) compartment sink having a large build-up of black soot and static dust and in need of cleaning at this time.
- Observed wall underneath rear prep table and caulking over-top of three compartment sink area has a large build-up of liquid splash and blackish missing caulking at the time of inspection.
- Avantco refrigerator unit food was held between 50-58 °F, in the rear area of food facility, rather than 41°F or below as required.
- Observed pizza prep area refrigerator unit bottom shelving not cleaned at a frequency to preclude large accumulation of dirt and soil.
- Observed sliding door grooves/jams of freezer unit located on cooks line, non-food contact surfaces not cleaned at a frequency to preclude large accumulation of dirt and soil at the time of inspection.
- Fan grates located in walk-in cooler having an large accumulation of static dust build-up and in need of cleaning.
- Observed suppression lines above grill and fryers having solidified grease and static dust accumulation and in need of cleaning.
- Rear ceiling vents over-top of three compartment sink is heavily soiled with static dust accumulation and in need of cleaning at this time.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed Avantco refrigerator unit not maintaining 41 degrees or below at the time of inspection. Unit needs to be repaired at this time.
- Observed torn/loose rubber door gaskets on pizza prep table refrigerator unit.
Vacant Thomasville mobile home goes up in flames, authorities investigate cause, no injuries
Tractor Trailer catches fire after fuel leak in Dover Township, York County