Chipotle Mexican Grill in York
1923 SPRINGWOOD RD
York, PA 17403
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on November 26, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Chipotle Mexican Grill in York was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 7 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Food facility inspection indicates evidence of an large insect infestation(drain flies) in the rear area of food facility, and facility does have a pest control program at this time.
- Entire inside area(crevices) of front area refrigerator unit heavily soiled with an large accumulation of dirt, liquid splash and old food residue and in need of immediate cleaning.
- Front of FWE warmer soiled with an large accumulation of old encrusted residue and food debris all around the inside area of unit and in need of cleaning at this time. surfaces.
- Observed FWE warmer equipment within rear area having an large accumulation food residue and soil debris all around the bottom shelving, crevices and handles at the time of inspection.
- Underside handle of FWE warmer and refrigerator display case located in front area of facility, having old encrusted food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – observed large piping connection from water heater leaking at the bottom area of piping causing steady and standing water accumulation at the time of inspection.
- Rear flooring area within walk-in cooler, underneath shelving, ice machine and fryer is extremely dirty with old food and dirt debris and in need of cleaning.
- Wall located in front area is dirty with old food splash and in need of cleaning.
- Entire front area flooring(underneath counters & fryers) is extremely dirty with trash, dirt and old food debris and in need of cleaning.
- Observed rear area flooring and areas around(water heater & CO2 tank) is extremely dirty, dusty, and in need of immediate cleaning.
- Rear floor drains underneath three(3) compartment sink, fryer and ice machine is extremely dirty, dusty, and in need of cleaning.
- Observed the entire front area counter-top of facility is extremely dirty around all areas of counter and in need of immediate cleaning at this time.
- Observed the entire front area prep station not cleaned at a frequency to preclude a large accumulation of soil, old food and dirt debris and in need of cleaning at this time
Vacant Thomasville mobile home goes up in flames, authorities investigate cause, no injuries
Tractor Trailer catches fire after fuel leak in Dover Township, York County