Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 20, 2019
1160 CARLISLE ST
Hanover, PA 17331
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an annual inspection of the Burger King on Carlisle Street in Hanover, York County on March 20, 2019, citing the fast food restaurant for 13 violations of the Pennsylvania Food Code. As a result, for the second time since November 2018 the Burger King was determined to be, “Out of Compliance.”
A complaint triggering inspectors noted in a report in November 2018,
“Observed the entire rear kitchen area of the food facility is extremely dirty with trash, old food debris, liquid splash, dust and soil and in need of major cleaning.”
The visit Wednesday found similar concerns and the inspector made the following comments supporting the findings:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection. (repeat of November inspection)
- Observed microwave, handles of freezer/refrigerator units, utensils and clean storage containers having old crusty caked on food debris and in need of immediate cleaning.
- Observed pest control boxes within rear and utility area turned away from wall and having trash blocking the entry points of boxes at the time of inspection.
- Observed soda boxes a stored in utility area, where it is subject to splash from soap, degreaser and mop heads at the time of inspection(boxes are soiled).
- Observed fryers, refrigerator and freezer units in rear area, having a large accumulation of encrusted grease , dirt and old food residue on outside non-food contact surfaces.
- Observed inside shelving of freezer and refrigerator units, non-food contact surfaces not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of dirt and soil.
- Observed wall(cooks line) and flooring(utility room/underneath three(3) compartment sink) in the rear area of food facility, has a holes and broken/ and in need of repair.
- Observed grease traps, suppression line and surrounding area over-top of fryers are heavily soiled with encrusted grease accumulation and in need of cleaning.
- Observed top area of fry warmer heavily soiled with black soot and encrusted grease accumulation and in need of cleaning at this time.
- Observed frozen desert unit covers and plastic container lids used for food covering are broken and chipped and are not durable under normal use in the food facility.
- Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – observed vegetable wash sink leaking heavily from PVC piping and in need of repair or replacement at the time of inspection.
- Observed the entire rear and front flooring areas of the food facility is extremely dirty and in need of cleaning at this time.
- Observed rear, front, stock and utility areas of the food facility is extremely dirty with old food, trash and dust debris at the time of inspection.
- Observed working containers of cleaner/degreaser stored on shelf above and next to food(soda boxes) equipment at the time of inspection.