Blue Ridge Family Restaurant in Harrisburg, Exhaust air duct near the cooks line emitting dust and dirt
Blue Ridge Family Restaurant in Harrisburg, Exhaust air duct near the cooks line emitting dust and dirtread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted February 25, 2019
898 U S ROUTE 15 NORTH
DILLSBURG, PA 17019
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted a retail food inspection on February 25, 2019 and was cited for 6 violations and was found to be, “out of compliance” with state food safety regulations. According to state records the Department of Agriculture has visited the restaurant 7 other times since February 2017. While 5 of those visits stemmed from a complaint, it’s the first time the Dillsburg fast food eatery was determined to be, “out of compliance.”
Among the comments made by the inspector were:
- Observed two employees with gloves on wearing a bracelet and a watch.
- Observed an employee’s cell phone stored on top of the grill area.
- Observed dried residue on the nozzle of the creamer dispenser.
- Observed an accumulation of static dust on the fan unit in the walk-in cooler.
- Observed debris on the floor in the walk-in cooler and freezer.
- Observed debris on the floor under the dry goods shelving across from the walk-in cooler.
- Observed food residue on top of the ice cream machine, and several shelving units in the kitchen.
- Observed frozen egg residue that appeared to be thrown against the wall in the walk-in cooler.
- Observed an accumulation of grease and food debris on the floor under the fryers.
- Observed sticker residue on several clean, stacked food containers.
- The soda syrup boxes are located directly beside the mop sink. Observed boxes and hoses to be wet from splash from the mop sink.