Thank you for visiting The Pennsylvania Chronicle. Please share your comments below and visit the Pennsylvania Chronicle Facebook and Twitter social media accounts.

Lancaster, PA

Manheim Township Police say they quickly apprehended a man who robbed the Turkey Hill conveniences store 1349 Millersville Pike in Lancaster Township. 

According to police Henri JD Reeves,a 37 year old homeless man,  gave a note to the clerk which read “cash in bag.” while holding his right hand up to his waistband pocket implying that he was armed.  Police said Reeves’ actions caused the clerk to feel threatened, believe he was armed, and would do harm if the clerk failed to comply with Reeves’ demand. Authorities say the clerk cooperated putting  money into a plastic bag, handing it to Reeves who then left the convenience store.

Police said at 11:48 p.m., Manheim Township Police were dispatched to the store for the robbery and arrived four (4) minutes later.  The officers investigating the incident requested to see the store’s surveillance footage.  One of the officers immediately recognized Reeves as the person who committed the robbery, due to prior police contacts with him.  The same officer had also seen Reeves approximately thirty (30) minutes prior to the robbery wearing the same clothes the suspect wore in the alleged robbery.

According to authorities the  description of Reeves was given to another officer in the area who quickly located him at 12:08 a.m. in the 1200 block of Millersville Pike.  When located, Reeves was still wearing the same clothing that he wore during the execution of the robbery.  Reeves was also identified by the clerk.  Police say Reeves was taken into custody and during a search incident to arrest was found in possession of cash, pepper spray, and a note that read “cash in bag.”  Reeves was transported to the police station where he was processed and interviewed.  Reeves denied any involvement in the robbery. 

Reeves was taken to Central Arraignment where he was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Edward A. Tobin who set bail at $350,000.00, which Reeves could not post.  Reeves was remanded to Lancaster County Prison.

“This is an example of good police work. The officers involved were familiar with the area and the people in it, and their knowledge and observation skills paid off. Their quick response and actions resulted in getting a potentially dangerous person off the street before he could commit another crime,” said Chief of Police Thomas E. Rudzinski.