David Lee Poulson was sentenced earlier today on sex crimes charges reaching back to the early 2000’s in Jefferson County Court of Common Pleas. David Poulson was ordered to spend 2 years, 6 months to 14 years in prison.
Poulson, a former priest, was originally charged with eight crimes related to sexual abuse of children. In October he pleaded guilty to Corruption Of Minors – Defendant Age 18 or Above and Endangering Welfare Of Children. The Attorney General’s office, in a plea agreement the Attorney General withdrew six other counts, as follows:
- Indecent Assault Person Less than 13 Years of Age- 2 counts
- Indecent Assault Person Less than 16 Years of Age- 1 count
- Criminal Attempt – Indecent Assault- 1 count
- Corruption Of Minors- 1 count
- Endangering Welfare Of Children- 1 count
In December the Pennsylvania Sexual Offenders Assessment Board notified the court it couldn’t assess Poulson because the crimes took place between 2002 and 2010 when corruption of minors sexual in nature wasn’t a registrable offense.