Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 20, 2019
CHILIS GRILL & BAR
375 WYOMING VALLEY MALL
WILKES-BARRE, PA 18702
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services’s conducted an unannounced regular inspection at the Chili’s Grill and Bar at the Wyoming Valley Mall in Wilkes-Barre. As a result, the popular restaurants was found by authorities to be, “out of compliance” as a result of 5 risk factor violations substantial enough to warrant the decision by the inspector.
The inspector made the following observations during this most recent inspection:
- Ice cream dipper well for dipping utensils was not turned on at time of visit. Dirty water was drained and unit was turned on.
- Observed old food residue on multiple food pans on the clean equipment storage shelf.
- Observed a build up of black residue around the nozzle area on the soda machine.
- The chlorine concentration in the sanitizing solution of the 3-bay warewash sink was 0 ppm, rather than 50-100 ppm as required. Sanitizer containers was replaced at time of inspection. PIC directed to monitor sanitizer levels and replace when container is empty.
- Mechanical warewashing equipment had a mineral buildup observed inside.
- Observed a build up of grease on shelf storing clean equipment.
- Observed a build up of old food residue along edges and hinges on the multiple Bain Marie units.
- Observed a build up of old food residue around the gaskets on the drawer refrigeration unit.