Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 8, 2019
530 N Main ST
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services says it conducted a retail food inspection at Bianka’s Pizza and Restaurant on North Main Street in Wilkes-Barre determining the restaurant was, “out of compliance” with the Department’s food safety regulations. The inspector cited the eatery for 7 violations.
Perhaps most notably the inspector said, “Food facility hot water heater is not producing enough hot water to supply sinks at the time of this inspection.” Other comments included:
- Thermometers for ensuring proper temperatures of food are not available or readily accessible
- Interior surface of chest freezer is cracked and/or repaired with materials unapproved for food equipment.
- Interior of microwave a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Lights are not shielded or shatterproof over the grill area.
- Containers of food in the walk in cooler stored open with no covering.
- observed filters above the pizza oven to have an accumulation of dust.