That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, pink, brown and black mold-like substance on ice machine production area, a food contact surface
That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, ice machine’s production area, a food contact surface, was observed to have pink, brown and black mold-like substance
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted August 26, 2019
141 ROUTE 507
HAWLEY, PA 18428
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services visited The Boat House Restaurant in Hawley on August 26, 2019, to conduct an annual retail food inspection to ensure the restaurant is in compliance with Pennsylvania regulations relating to food safety.
The restaurant was found, for the second consecutive year, to be, “Out of Compliance” with some 11 violations cited by the inspector. Last year’s inspection, on July 31, 2019, found 10 violations.
In support of the violations the following observations appeared in the report:
- Observed no chemical sanitizer being used on equipment, utensils or counter tops after washing and rinsing them, and prior to use.
- The Person in Charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed build up of static dust and grease on hood ventilation systems of cook area.
- Food utensils in cook line area observed stored in a container of sanitizer which is not an approved method.
- Bar area beverage dispensing equipment, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- The hand wash sink located in the back hall food prep area does not have water at a temperature of at least 100°F. Hand washing to be conducted at dish area hand wash station for corrective action.
- Observed old food residue on underside of hot food station above plated food on cook line on non-food contact surfaces.
- Build up of static dust and condensation around air return ducts in kitchen food prep area.
- Accumulation of dead insects in light shield cover in kitchen /ware wash area.
- Food Employee observed donning single use gloves without a prior hand wash after handling raw foods.
- A temperature measuring device for measuring mechanical warewashing wash and sanitizing water temperatures is not available.