Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted February 25, 2019
TANDOOR PALACE RESTAURANT
126 Hill Motor Lodge RD
TANNERSVILLE, PA 18372
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services found, for the second consecutive year, The Tandoor Palace in Tannersville was found, “out of compliance” with Pennsylvania food safety regulations. The restaurant was cited for ten violations during the February 25, 2019 unannounced visit. Last year’s visit, on January 31, 2018, saw the, “Indian restaurant turning out classic fare in a retrofitted train car” tagged with 12 violations.
Reviews on Google show some 722 people giving the restaurant an average of 3.8 of 5 stars. On Tandoor Palace’s Facebook page the restaurant enjoys 4.5 of 5 starts with Facebook saying, “Recommended by 222 people · People talk about “naan bread”, “chicken tikka masala” and “healthy options from the lunch buffet.”
Comments from the inspector included:
- Chicken was held at 101*f – 120°F, in the self service hot holding unit, rather than 135°F or above as required. The chicken was reheated to above 165*f.
- Old food residue on knives on the wall magnet by the floor mixer. The knives were removed for cleaning. Old food residue in mixing bowls on the storage rack by the three bay sink. The bowls were removed for cleaning.
- Old food residue on the microwave table shelf in the waitress area. Old food residue under the storage racks in the area by the walk-in cooler.
- Working containers in the bar and dishwash areas, used for storing *chemicals, cleaners* taken from bulk supplies, were not marked with the common name of the chemical. The containers were labeled.
- Food ingredient storage container and jar, in the storage area, are not labeled with the common name of the food. The container and jar were labeled.
- There is no lid on the ice cream container in the chest freezer in the waitress area. Ice from the freezer walls falling into the ice cream. The ice was removed and the container covered.
- Lights are not shielded or shatter proof over the three bay sink.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Raw chicken and shell eggs stored above bread and cooked foods in the walk-in cooler. The chicken and eggs were placed on bottom shelves.
- Observed clean food equipment on the rack in the dishwash area, stored wet in a manner that does not allow for draining and/or air drying (wet nesting)