La Tolteca Restaurant in Wilkes-Barre cited with 11 food safety violations, old rodent like droppings along the wall
La Tolteca Restaurant in Wilkes-Barre cited with 11 food safety violations, old rodent like droppings along the wallread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 11, 2019
TWO KINGS PIZZA & PASTA
272 CLAREMONT AVE
TAMAQUA, PA 18252
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services stopped by Two Kings Pizza and Pasta in Tamaqua for a retail food inspection on March 11, 2019, and reported the restaurant to be, “out of compliance” after being cited with 6 violations of the Pennsylvania Food Code.
The Schuylkill County restaurant was scored for 3 violations in March 2018 and 8 violations March 17, 2017, although the nature of those violations did not rise to the level of the determination the eatery was, “out of compliance.”
130 people have reviewed the restaurant’s Facebook page giving it an average of 4.4 of a possible 5 stars from 130 reviews. 198 Google Users rated Two Kings Pizza and Pasta 4.3 out of 5 stars averaged from 198 reviews.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the six violations:
- The Person in Charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of the PA Food Code as evident by the violations observed in this inspection report.
- Observed a bio-film accumulation located on interior surfaces of waitress area soda dispense machine.
- Observed areas of dark mold-like substance located directly on interior food contact surfaces of facility ice machine.
- Litter/debris observed on floors located directly below storage racks of walk-in freezer.
- Observed old food litter/debris located on flooring/under equipment of food preparation side of rear dish wash room.
- Main hot water valve supplying hand wash sink of ware wash area was observed to be in the “closed” position which did not supply hot water to sink at time of inspection. *Corrected*
- Observed ice accumulations and distortion of wall panel located at entrance wall/door of walk-in freezer (accessed through walk-in cooler).
- Observed mildew-like substance and old soil accumulations located on blue storage racks of walk-in cooling unit.
- Grease accumulations located on sides of deep fry units and adjacent stainless-steel table.