Saint Clair, PA
Subway in Saint Clair
500 Terry Rich BLVD
SAINT CLAIR, PA 17970
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on December 4, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Subway in Saint Clair was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 4violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed case of open coffee filters stored directly next to open garbage can located in consumer area drink station lower cabinets. *Corrected*
- Food facility did not have on hand quaternary ammonium test strips used for determining adequate sanitizer concentrations.
- Observed presence of a black mold-substance located on upper plastic frame/plate cover and around water supply nozzles of interior of consumer self-service ice machine (as part of soda dispense unit).
- Ice chute of consumer area self-service soda/ice machine was observed to have presence of a mold-like bio-film.
- Hand wash sink cold water valve was observed to oriented in the “off” position providing hand wash sink with water too hot to touch upon hand wash. Cold water valve was oriented to the “run” position with adequate water temperature/pressure for hand wash restored. *Corrected*
US Attorney; Feds charge 11 people in alleged drug trafficking ring in NEPA
Scranton Police arrest WIlkes-Barre felon for recent shooting