Related stories for Pub 570 in Stroudsburg
Tap to read the earlier stories
East Stroudsburg, PA
The Department of Agriculture retail food inspection at the The Pub 570 Grill and Tavern in East Stroudsburg turned up 13 violations during an inspection visit to the restaurant at 5261 Milford Rd.
The Pennsylvania Chronicle has contacted The Pub 570 Grill and Tavern for comment. A review of their Facebook page shows the restaurant has removed the tab allowing Facebook users to “rate.”
One person reviewing the restaurant on Google in the last 2 weeks said, “My burger was extremely rare. We went on a Sunday and clearly weren’t there to watch the football game. We were seated directly under their largest TV in the bar area. We couldn’t hear the people at our table and there were only 6 of us.” Overall on Google the restaurant has a rating of 4 stars out of 5 average based on 346 reviews.
Yelp and Trip Advisor reviewers average 3 and 3.5 stars out of 5 respectively.
The Department of Agriculture determined the restaurant to be out of compliance making the following comments:
- The Person in Charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- A food employee was observed touching sandwich rolls – a ready to eat food – with bare hands. Rolls were reheated during this inspection for corrective action.
- Observed crock pot, in cook line bain marie area, with an accumulation of old food residue, debris on non-food contact surfaces.
- Food server line and cook line microwaves observed with build up of old food residue and not clean to sight or touch.
- Observed build up of static dust on hood ventilation above dish machine with potential to contaminate clean serviceware.
- Observed clean food equipment bowls in cook line, stored wet in a manner that does not allow for draining and/or air drying (wet nesting).
- An open employee’s beverage container was observed in cook line food prep and back oven area prep table, a food preparation area.
- Time in lieu of temperature being used in the food facility to control ready to eat potentially hazardous foods, chicken, without written procedures or documentation to verify disposition of food. Chicken was placed under refrigeration for corrective action at the time of this inspection.
- Deli meat slicer guard observed with build up of old food residue and not clean to sight or touch.
- Observed build up of static dust on hood ventilation system above back oven area.
- Observed build up of static dust and grease on hood ventilation system above cook line.
- Working containers in several areas of the facility, (cook line, server station, bar area, chemical storage rack) used for storing chemicals/ cleaners taken from bulk supplies, were not marked with the common name of the chemical.
- A working container of sanitizer was stored on the same shelf with condiments and equipment on the cook line area.
- Common bowl no handles stored in bulk flour bin.