Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned off at hand wash sink
Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned offread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted February 20, 2019
Convenient Mart 3037
610 S MAIN ST
Pittston, PA 18640
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted a retail food inspection at the convenience store located on Main Street in Pittston on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 and determined the business was not in compliance with requirements of Department of Agriculture standards.
Inspectors found a total of nine violations and made the following comments following the unscheduled inspection:
- Commercially processed refrigerated, ready to eat, time/temperature control for safety food(deli meats) located in the deli case and held more than 24 hours, is not being marked with the date it was opened.
- Observed old rodent pellets(6) on bottom of cabinet in area of sinks
- Prepackaged hoagies, pizza is not labeled properly with the name of product, ingredient statement, net weight, distributed by statement and/or nutritional facts.
- Thermometers for ensuring proper temperatures of food are not available or readily accessible
- Food facility does not have available sanitizer test strips or test kit to determine appropriate sanitizer concentration
- Food slicer observed with build up of old food residuals on blade contact surfaces
- Paper towel dispenser empty at the handwash sink in the employee restroom+
- Person in charge is not monitoring closely enough the food risk factors as observed during inspection.
- No sanitizer available to sanitize multi use utensils, slicer as necessary