Factoryville restaurant, Bluebird on US-6 blows state inspection, Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety
Factoryville restaurant, Bluebird on US-6 blows state inspection, Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safetyread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 7, 2019
7011 Shoppes Boulevard
Moosic, PA 18507
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted a retail food inspection at the Harvest Montage located in the Shoppes at Montage in Moosic, Lackawanna County. The inspector found six violations and the highly rated restaurant was found to be, “out of compliance” with Pennsylvania food safety regulations. This is the second consecutive year the restaurant was found to be, “out of compliance” also missing the mark in an inspection last April 5, 2019.
With 411 reviews on Google the restaurant scores 4.3 out of 5 stars. While having over 2, 000 followers on its Facebook business page, the restaurant removed the “review” tab making it impossible for Facebook users to share to rate their experience.
The restaurant’s website says,
Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar was born of a desire to create a dining experience that focused on sustainable, health-conscious, and locally-sourced cuisine. CEO Dr. Dave Magrogan, who is a former chiropractor with training in nutritional health, saw a need for a high quality, farm-fresh, seasonally-changing menu that offered a range of dining options not typically found in traditional farm-to-table establishments. In his opinion, quality of ingredients and quantity of options are not mutually exclusive, and the combination of those philosophies is what sets Harvest apart from other concepts
In support of the violations, the inspector made the following comments in the report of March 7, 2019, unannounced visit:
- Pasta, fish were held at 48 °F- 50°F, in the cooler on cook line, rather than 41°F or below as required. Manager voluntarily disposed.
- Chlorine chemical sanitizer residual detected in the final sanitizer rinse cycle of the low temperature sanitizing dishwasher located in the bar area was 0 ppm, and not 50-100 ppm as required. Manager set up triple sink during inspection 400 ppm triple sink QAC.
- Top plate of ice machine has buildup of pink gel-like substance and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Beans were held at 119 °F, in the hot holding unit, rather than 135°F or above as required.Product was pulled from hot hold unit and placed on range for rapid reheating.
- Soap was not available at the handwash sink in the kitchen / bar area.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Refrigerator is not holding 41°F or below. Refrigerator not to be used to hold TCS foods.