Via Nuova Pizzeria
101 S KENNEDY DR
MCADOO, PA 18237
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 9, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Via Nuova Pizzeria was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 9 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed an infant/small child located inside main food preparation area. *Corrected*
- Observed 2 cooked pizzas stored open (at waist level) without sneeze guard or protection from contamination from consumers. *Corrected*
- Bottom surfaces of Pizza cooler were observed to have presence of old food residue and extraneous debris.
- Can opener blade and surrounding flat surfaces were observed to have presence of old food residue and soil accumulations. *Corrected*
- Facility mechanical dish wash unit was not supplied with surfactant/detergent during the time of this inspection: Facility must use alternate basin sink for ware wash until unit can be supplied with detergent for adequate wash/rinse/sanitize of utensils.
- Observed soiled/dirty dish wash unit racks.
- Interior surfaces of mechanical ware wash unit were observed to have presence of a dark bio-film and/or soap-like residue.
- Observed excessive accumulations of grease, dirt, and static dust located at ventilation line above main pizza oven.
- The Person in Charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of the PA Food Code as evident from the violations observed in this inspection report.
- Observed a food employee touching lettuce, a ready to eat food, with bare hand contact. *Corrected*
Scranton Police arrest two men for selling Heroin on Prospect Street following investigation
State Police issue Missing Endangered Person Alert for 78 year old Wayne County man