John’s Italian Restaurant
1425 Lake Wallenpaupack Rd
GREENTOWN, PA 18426
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 15, 2020 following a complaint from the public. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the John’s Italian Restaurant in Greentown, Pike County was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 7 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Insect carcasses (TNTC) on pest strips below the pizza counter. The strips were discarded by the owner.
- An uncovered bowl of flour left on the counter in the pizza area. The flour was discarded by the owner.
- A bowl containing garlic, oil and butter was left overnight at room temperature in the pizza area. The owner discarded the contents of the bowl.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Old food residue and flour on the utensils, pans and trays in the pizza area. The utensils, pans and trays were placed at the dishwasher for cleaning.
- Food facility inspection indicates evidence of insect activity in the pizza area. Insect carcasses observed on the shelf below the hand wash sink. Two live insects observed on the shelf. Insect carcasses, approximately 20-30, observed behind the bain marie and hand wash sink counter in the pizza area. Two live insects observed on the floor between the baine marie and sink counter. Two live insects and observed on the storage shelves at the entrance to the pizza area and two live insects observed on the floor below the shelves. The area is in the process of being cleaned.
- Old soiled towels, bags, clothes, unused equipment, etc. on shelves and floor in the pizza area creating harborage conditions. The area is being cleaned.
- Old food residue and flour on shelves throughout the pizza area; on the floor under the baine marie and behind the baine marie and sink counter and storage shelves.
Scranton Police arrest two men for selling Heroin on Prospect Street following investigation
State Police issue Missing Endangered Person Alert for 78 year old Wayne County man