The Hazelton Food Supermarket was determined to be “out of compliance” in an inspection by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture on December 26, 2018.
The business located at 57-59 N Wyoming ST in Hazleton was cited for a total of 9 violations with the following notes explaining each violation:
- Observed frozen meats in chest freezer uncovered
- Shell eggs and sausage observed being retailed from the retail store aisles without refrigeration. Temperatures correct at time of inspection. Moved to refrigeration.
- Fan guards on refrigeration units in coolers observed with dust build up
- Old food containers, soap stored in the meat room hand wash sink
- Old dried meat residue on the interior surface of the meat grinder
- No sign or poster posted at the handwash sink in the meat room to remind food employees to wash their hands
- Chest freezer lid in rear room is broken exposing fiberglass insulation. One ceiling light fixture in meat cooler observed with heavy rust build up
- Walk in meat cooler floor area under racks observed with old moist meat residues