Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned off at hand wash sink
Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned offread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted July 29, 2019
HAPPY’S DINER AND FAMILY RESTAURANT
3 Lizard Creek RD Andreas, PA 18211
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services paid a visit to Happy’s Diner and Family Restaurant in Andreas in Schuylkill County finding the restaurant out of compliance following a retail food establishment inspection. The popular eatery was cited for 8 violations.
This visit followed an unannounced inspection on July 18, 2019. At that time inspectors found 18 violations of the Pennsylvania food safety regulations. In August 2018 Happy’s also failed it’s regular annual inspection with a total of 12 violations.
During this inspection the restaurant was cited for the following violations:
- Observed numerous rodent-like droppings located basement floor/corner wall junctions along walls adjacent to or leading to soda dispense manifolds.
- Observed absence of a drain line cap located on plumbing line located in basement area storage closet located near main water heating unit. Water/liquid was observed spewing from this open drain line and was creating standing waste liquid on basement flooring of this area. Indication of potential blockage as food debris was also observed on ground below the leak.
- Outdoor waste storage container was observed to have 2 full garbage bags that torn open and creating pest harborage.
- The Person in Charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of the PA Food Code as evident by the violations observed in this inspection report.
- Observed foods located inside grill area freezer and front service Pepsi cooler stored open with no covering.
- Outdoor grease container is not on a non-absorbent surface, such as concrete or asphalt.
- Observed some taring and upwarp on flooring located below main grill line equipment.
- Water storage tray/well located below pump inside interior of ice machine was observed being plugged/sealed with plastic and a pen.