Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned off at hand wash sink
Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned offread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 14, 2019
The Bluebird 2 Diner
Factoryville, PA 18419
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services visited the Bluebird Diner 2 in Factoryville on March 14, 2019, finding the restaurant was, “Out of Compliance” with the Pennsylvania Food Code and citing the restaurant for 7 violations. The Bluebird Diner 2 was in compliance at their annual inspection last year in March, despite being cited for 7 violations. In April 2017 the diner was, also, found, “Out of Compliance” with 13 violations.
Reviewers on Google score The Blue Bird Diner with an average 4.3 of a possible 5 stars.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Non-food contact surfaces dish machine not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of dirt and soil.
- Food Employee observed changing tasks that may have contaminated hands without a proper hand wash in-between. Reviewed proper procedure for corrective action.
- Working containers in kitchen and waitress station, used for storing cleaners taken from bulk supplies, were not marked with the common name of the chemical.
- Chlorine chemical sanitizer residual detected in the final sanitizer rinse cycle of the low temperature sanitizing dishwasher was 0 ppm, and not 50-100 ppm as required. Set up manual sanitization until dish machine is repaired and sanitizing properly.
- Food employees observed in prep area, not wearing proper hair restraints, such as nets, or hats.
- Non-integral cold plate device installed in ice bin and in contact with ice used for consumer beverages. PIC to discontinue practice.