Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 21, 2019
175 N Cedar ST
Hazleton, PA 18201
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services paid a visit to the Donut Connection on March 21, 2019, and found the restaurant, “out of compliance” with the Pennsylvania Food Code following an inspection they say found 9 violations.
In this most recent annual inspection the following comments were made supporting the violations cited by the Department of Agriculture:
- Potential rodent harborage inside the food facility observed in the furnace room and dry storage area due to 20-25 old rodent droppings observed.
- Food facility does not have available sanitizer test strips or test kit to determine appropriate sanitizer concentration.
- Ice machine, a food contact surface, was observed to have dirt on the separator plate.
- The food facility does not have the original certificate for the certified food employee posted in public view.
- Food facility in operation more than 90 days and has not employed a certified food employee as required.
- Working containers in sink area, used for storing *chemicals, cleaners* taken from bulk supplies, were not marked with the common name of the chemical.
- Observed sugar stored directly on the floor in food prep area, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required.
- Facility does not have available sanitizing solution for the 3 bay sink.
- Observed food debris build up between table holding the microwave and ice machine.