Pittston’s Convenient Mart on Main ST in Pittston misses mark on inspection- Observed old rodent pellets
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted February 20, 2019Convenient Mart 3037610 S MAIN STPittston, PA 18640(570) 655-3031 The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture's Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted a retail food inspection at the...read more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted January 18, 2019
1760 North Ninth Street
Bartonsville, PA 18321
The Original Pocono Pub in Bartonsville on Route 611 not far from Stroudsburg in Monroe County promotes being the Reader’s Choice in the Pocono Record year after year. The restaurants boasts a 4.7 out of 5 stars with reviewers on it’s Facebook page based on some 453 reviews. 520 reviewers on Google give the community favorite 4.4 of 5 stars.
However, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, following an inspection on January 18, 2019, said the restaurant was, “out of compliance” with in their retail food inspection conducted by the Department’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services in finding 12 violations at the pub on Route 611.
Also failing their annual 2018 annual inspection, The Original Pocono Pub, racked up 14 violations last March 13, 2018 as well as 1 violation in the follow up inspection conducted March 20, 2018.
While, “in compliance” the restaurant picked up 2 more violations following a complaint from a person in the community in July 2018.
The comments from the inspector during the most recent visit included:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection
- Food in the refrigerator area stored open with no covering
- Food dispensing utensil with no handles were observed stored in the bulk bins
- Food employees observed in prep area, not wearing proper hair restraints, such as nets, hats, or beard covers
- A food employee was observed touching sandwich – a ready to eat food – with bare hands
- Food Employee observed donning single use gloves without a prior hand wash.
- An open employee’s beverage container was observed in prep area, a food preparation area
- Chili, gravy was held at 66°F, in the hot holding unit area, rather than 135°F or above as required
- Interior of microwave has an accumulation of old dried food residue on all surfaces
- Observed wet wiping cloths in prep area, not being stored in sanitizer solution
- Refrigerated ready to eat, time/temperature control for safety food prepared in the food facility and held for more than 24 hours, located in the refrigerator under grill, is not being date marked
- Time in lieu of temperature being used in the food facility to control ready to eat potentially hazardous foods without written procedures or documentation to verify disposition of food