The C&P Convenient Mart located at 118 E Chestnut ST in Hazleton was found, “out of compliance” following a food inspection by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture on January 3, 2019. The business was found with 8 violations.
Here is the list of violations found and the comments by the state inspector:
- Commercially processed refrigerated, ready to eat, time/temperature control for safety food (deli meats) located in the deli case, and held more than 24 hours, is not being marked with the date it was opened.
- Deli case door handles and door surfaces are soiled with dark residual build ups. Deli slicer frame observed with old dried meat/cheese residual build ups. Old deli meat/cheese particles accumulated on bottom of deli case shelf.
- Observed cleaned food equipment being stored in the ware wash sink compartment after being cleaned.
- Milk was held at 44°F, in the retail milk case rather than 41°F or below as required.
- Interior surfaces of the ware wash sink observed with old moist, greasy build up.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- The food facility does not have the original certificate for the certified food employee posted in public view.
- Working containers in coffee area, used for storing *chemicals, cleaners* taken from bulk supplies, were not marked with the common name of the chemical.