Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted February 28, 2019- Greentown Grill
1549 Rt. 507
Greentown, PA 18426
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted retail food inspection at the Greentown Grill on Thursday, February 28, 2019 finding the eatery to be, “Out of Compliance” with state food safety and other regulations applying to restaurants in Pennsylvania. This inspection came only a month after The Greentown Grill was visited following a complaint in which they popular Pike County restaurant was found to be, “Compliant.”
In total the 19 the restaurant was cited for 19 violations.
The inspector noted, “Facility is on a DEP (Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection) issued boil water advisory since May 19, 2018, sign posted on the front door. Food contact surfaces are being cleaned in a three bay equipment sink. However, bottled water or boiled water is not being used in the sink bays. Instructed the PIC (person in charge) to drain and clean the sink bays with bleach and refill with boiled water and use the required amount of sanitizer.”
Other comments from the inspect in support of the violations included:
- Food being reheated on the steamtable, gravy 111*f and marinara sauce 109*f. The food was reheated on the stove to above 165*f. Shall maintain hot food at 135*f or above. Potatoes, hot holding on the grill, are 71*f. The potatoes were reheated to above 165*f. shall maintain hot food at 135*f or above.
- Observed bedding and clothing materials in the food facility, indicating use of the food facility as living or sleeping quarters. Shower located in the restroom in the dishwash area has shampoo and soap.
- Grease on the louvers and drip tray in the ventilation hood.
- Old unused equipment and miscellaneous items stored in basement, should be removed from food facility.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Raw beef and pork stored above cooked potatoes and BBQ sauce in the two door refrigerator in the kitchen. Corrected on site. Raw beef, fish and shell eggs stored above vegetables in the Hobart refrigerator in the back area. Corrected on site.
- Old food residue on the interior surfaces of the Hamilton Beach microwave oven on the cook line.
- Food thermometer is not being used to monitor food temperatures, as the thermometer was in the bottom of an unused utensil storage drawer and had old food residue on the dial and stem.
- Food facility does not have available sanitizer test strips or test kit to determine appropriate sanitizer concentration
- Old food residue ion knives and utensils in the plastic container on the prep table in the prep area adjacent to the kitchen. The knives and utensils were placed at the sink for cleaning. Old food residue on the can opener blade. The can opener was placed at the sink for cleaning. Old food residue on the wall mounted potato slicer by the fryers on the cook line. The cutter was disassembled for cleaning.
- Soap was not available at the handwash sink in the men’s restroom. The dispenser was refilled.
- Paper towel dispenser empty at the handwash sink in the men’s restroom. The paper towels were in the dispenser, however, the towels were not placed correctly. Corrected on site.
- Old food residue and grease on the cook line table below the grill and BBQ. Old bread on the floor between the wall and the unused refrigerator at the end of the cook line.
- Facility does not have written procedures for employees to follow when responding to an event involving vomitus or fecal matter discharge onto surfaces within the facility. Left information sheet with the person-in-charge (PIC).
- Refrigerated ready to eat, time/temperature control for safety food prepared in the food facility and held for more than 24 hours, located in the refrigerators and walk-in cooler, is not being date marked.
- Temperature measuring device for ensuring proper temperature of equipment is not available in the two food refrigerator in the kitchen.
- New food facility in operation more than 90 days and has not employed a certified food employee as required.
- The food facility does not have a handwash sink located in the restroom in the warewashing area used by the owner.