25 S Main ST
Carbondale, PA 18407
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 2/13/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Hotel Anthracite was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 11 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Increased monitoring and oversight by the person-in-charge is necessary due to the number of risk factor items noted during review.
- Salad dressings in the walk in cooler area stored open with no covering.
- Food dispensing cups in dry storage bins observed stored in the food and not with handle above the top of the food and the container. Scoops with handles should be used in dry storage bins, not cups.
- Observed boxes of food stored directly on the floor in walk in freezer area, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required.
- Gallon of whole milk, dressings, a refrigerated, ready to eat time temperature control for safety food in the kitchen prep area, was date-marked by the facility, but was beyond the 7 day use or sell by date and requires discarding. Food was voluntarily discarded during this inspection.
- Refrigerated ready to eat, sauce, time/temperature control for safety food prepared in the food facility and held for more than 24 hours, located in the banquet walk in cooler, is not being date marked.
- Chlorine chemical sanitizer residual detected in the final sanitizer rinse cycle of the bar area low temperature sanitizing dishwasher was 0 ppm, and not 50-100 ppm as required. Glasses will be run through the high temp dish machine until the bar dish machine can sanitize to at least 50 ppm.
- Food facility does not have available sanitizer test strips or test kit to determine appropriate sanitizer concentration for the bar low temp chemical glass dish machine.
- Can opener, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch. Can opener was run through the high temp dish machine during this inspection.
- Mandolin slicer, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch in the banquet kitchen. Mandolin slicer was cleaned and sanitized during th
- Deli slicer, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch in the banquet kitchen. Slicer was cleaned and sanitized during this inspection.
- Used coffee filter containing grounds observed in the hand wash sink, indicating uses other than hand washing. Sink was cleaned and sanitized during this inspection.
- Observed pack of cigarettes on food prep table. Cigarettes were moved to a designated area during this inspection.
Philly puts out the call for more officers during riots; NEPA cops answer the call
Scranton Police arrest two men for selling Heroin on Prospect Street following investigation