Thank you for visiting The Pennsylvania Chronicle. Please share your comments below and visit the Pennsylvania Chronicle Facebook and Twitter social media accounts.
Barry Lee Kauffman Jr., 41, of Lower Windsor Township, was sentenced today by York County Court of Common Please Judge Snyder to 16 to 32 years in state prison for repeatedly sexually assaulting two children.
Kauffman had entered a guilty plea to two (2) counts of IDSI-intercourse w/ a child on September 6, 2018. Kauffman had begun sexually assaulting a young boy at the age of 5 and a girl between the ages of 9 and 11. In addition to the lengthy state sentence, Kauffman was determined to be a sexually violent predator.
Kauffman has a long criminal history each time with a plea deal:
- 1990 Indecent Assault Without Consent 1- 3 months
- 1994 Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol- Accelerated Rehabilitation Disposition Program
- 1996 Corruption Of Minors, Receiving Stolen Property, Forgery-Alter Writing 12 months probation and 40 hours volunteer service
- 1998 Rape Forcible Compulsion, Statutory Rape, Sexual Assault, Aggravated Indecent Assault, Indecent Assault Without Consent, Corruption Of Minors 11 1/2 months to 23 months. Parole granted in January 1999 followed by parole violations in which Kauffman was given 3 months additional incarceration following yet another parole violation Kauffman was sentenced to an additional 2 1/2 years to 5 years.
- 1999 Register Certain Offenders charged and parole immediately granted
- 2014 Terroristic Threats W/ Int To Terrorize Another, Defiant Tresspass Posted 6-12 months
In the current case the plea agreement led to the dismissal of 4 counts of Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse W/Child, 1 count of Aggravated Indecent Assault of Child, 2 counts of Indecent Assault Person Less than 13 Years of Age, and 2 counts of Corruption Of Minors