Police in Lancaster County say they are looking for, “Shrimp Guy,” ask for help to identify suspect
Lancaster County District Attorney latest to advise police Governor’s Order will not be prosecuted
17 year old charged in wounding teen in Lancaster shooting held on $500,000 bail
Village Pizza in Quarryville
201 E STATE ST
Quarryville, PA 17566
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on September 9, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Village Pizza was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations.
Village Pizza was inspected on March 19, 2019, following a complaint by the public, resulting in 10 violations found by inspectors. A follow-up visit on March 26, 2019, also found the restaurant, “out of compliance” with 7 violations. A “Type 2 Follow-up inspection determined the restaurant compliant on April 16, 2019, although with 2 violations. As part of its practice, the Bureau makes follow-up visits until restaurants are compliant in this case taking 3 visits.
All tolled Village Pizza was violated as, “Out of Compliance” in 3 of 4 visits so far this year. Typically, the Bureau visits restaurants once a year.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Food employee observed in food prep area, not wearing proper hair restraints, such as nets or hats.
- Cleanliness of Hands-Food employees could not follow proper hand washing procedures due to soap and paper towels not available at hand wash sink.
- Soap and paper towels were not available at the hand wash sink in the kitchen area.
- Dried food residue on the blade of the food slicer.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.Repeat violation.
- Observed dried food residue accumulation on the blade of the can opener.
- Torn rubber door gaskets observed on two bain marie cooling units.
- Women’s bathroom is not provided with a covered waste receptacle for sanitary napkins.
- Paper towel dispenser empty at the hand wash sink in the pizza prep area.
- Observed black moist residue accumulation on the door gasket of the bain marie unit
- The wall by the kitchen hand wash sink has pieces of the finished wall missing and is no longer smooth and cleanable.