Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 25, 2019, at The Olde Mill Restaurant
OLDE MILL RESTAURANT
9 QUEEN RD
INTERCOURSE, PA 17534
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services visited the Old Mill Restaurant for an annual unannounced retail food establishment visit and found the popular Intercourse restaurant in Lancaster County, “out of compliance” with the Pennsylvania Food Code. In this visit the state cited the restaurant with eight violations.
In the last two years was also cited for multiple violations although those violations did not rise to a level for the restaurant to be out of compliance. On April 3, 2018, the state found five violations and April 17, 2017, found 10 violations.
Perhaps most notable during the visit the inspector reported finding:
Observed 5-6 cockroach type insects in the cabinet below the soda fountain unit.
Other findings during this inspection included:
- Desserts(custards) food was held at 51 °F (10.56 °C), in the cold hold unit, rather than 41 °F (5 °C) or below as required. Discarded.
- Dessert cold hold unit is not maintaining the minimum required temperature of 41 degrees F or less.
- Mashed potatoes,shepards pie,soup refrigerated, ready to eat time temperature control for safety foods in the walk-in cooler, was date-marked by the facility, but was beyond the 7 day use by date and requires discarding.Discarded.
- Black moist residue observed on the soda nozzles of the soda fountain unit. Cleaned.
- Pink moist residue observed on the deflector plate of the ice machine. Cleaned.
- Torn rubber door gaskets observed on the upright single door freezer.
- Cove molding missing along the base of the wall behind the mechanical dish machine.
- The Person-in-Charge is not performing the duties as required by the PA Food Code to actively manage food safety in this facility.
- Observed 5-6 cockroach type insects in the cabinet below the soda fountain unit. Facility has pest control and contacted.
- A food employee was observed cutting baked potato – a ready to eat food – with bare hands. Corrected.