Factoryville restaurant, Bluebird on US-6 blows state inspection, Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety
Factoryville restaurant, Bluebird on US-6 blows state inspection, Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safetyread more
Mount Joy, PA
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted February 14, 2019
Burger King #814
915 E MAIN STREET
Mount Joy, PA 17552
Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services division of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture conducted a retail food inspection of the Burger King in Mount Joy on Valentine’s Day citing the restaurant for 14 violations of food safety regulations in their inspection on February 14, 2019.
This is the second consecutive year the fast food restaurant failed it’s regular annual inspection by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. A visit on February 15, 2018 resulted in 15 violations.
The inspector stated, “The person in charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection”
Other comments made by in the Department of Agriculture report were:
- Observed an accumulation of grease build-up inside the fryer cabinets and on the floor beneath them.
- Observed grime and grease on walls and floor around the grease redeemer, in the back where the hot water heater is. Observed a black residue and grime on the walls of the mop sink.
- Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – observed two areas of the pipe leaking beneath the 3 compartment sink
- Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – observed the hot water knob leaks when it is in the “on” position
- Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – the spray wand leaks continuously and cannot be turned off
- Observed broken and missing tiles above the compressor across from the water heater
- The drain cover of the mop sink is broken in half and does not prevent solids and debris from entering
- Observed a compressor stored on a top shelf above the bank of sodas, leaking water, creating standing / stagnant water on the floor
- Observed a black residue on the grate where the ice bucket is stored to drain
- Old food residue observed inside the onion slicer stored in the walk-in cooler as clean.
- The paper towel dispenser was inoperable at the hand-wash sink in the food preparation area. The last paper towel was wound so the the dispenser could not turn.
- Ceiling tile missing in the area where coffee is brewed and single-service articles are stored
- Observed some single-service articles being stored in a shed which is constructed of raw wood. There is mold and mildew present on the wood
- Observed single-service, single-use articles (cups and trays) stored in the storage room directly on the floor, and not 6 inches above the floor
- The grout at the walls of the mop sink is missing and the area is no longer sealed to prevent water from entering
- Observed black tape being used to repair a leaking pipe beneath the 3 compartment sink
- Observed black duct tape being used to repair the doors of the fry-freezer.
- The fry-cup dispenser is being repaired with scotch tape and is no longer easily cleanable
- Observed old oil residue and oil dripping onto the outside wall of the facility, on shrubbery, and the stones beneath the pipe leading from the grease redeemer, becoming a possible rodent attractant