Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 5, 2019
APPALACHIAN BREWING CO.
55 N Water ST
Lititz, PA 17543
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted a retail food inspection at the Appalachian Brewing Company on March 5, 2019, making the determining the restaurant is, “out of compliance” with state food safety regulations citing the popular restaurant with 13 violations. Appalachian Brewing Company passed a similar inspection last April with 4 violations but failed their annual inspection in March 2017 racking up 14 violations at the unannounced inspection.
Google uses rate the restaurant highly with a cumulative rating of 4.5 of a possible 5 stars with 360 people reviewing the restaurant. On Facebook the popular eatery scores an average of 4.4 stars of a possible 5 stars stemming from 1026 reviews.
The inspector made the following comments in the March 5, 2019, visit:
- Observed in-use knives stored between the Bain Marie and steam table, an area that cannot be cleaned and sanitized.
- Internal temperature of homemade tartar sauce in ice bath measured 44F rather than 41F or less as required. Discarded
- Internal temperature of wrapped chicken portions, shrimp and scallops in the pizza Bain Marie measured 44F to 46F rather than 41 F or less as required. Discarded
- Beur Blanc, homemade Blue Cheese dressing were beyond the 7 day use date. Discarded
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Wire storage racks in storage room are not being cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of dirt and dust.
- Observed clean pans stored wet in a manner that does not allow for draining and/or air drying (wet nesting).
- The light intensity in the walk-in cooler is not enough (at least 10 foot candles) to clearly see labels.
- Mold-like residue observed on wall under dishwasher.
- Food facility has a reminder statement on the menu for burgers that are / or could be served raw or under cooked to the consumer; however, does not clearly disclose which foods the reminder statement applies to.
- Food facility is reusing plastic containers which are intended to be single-use articles.
- Some stored metal inserts were not clean to sight and touch.
- A copious amount of coffee stains observed in service station hand washing sink indicating uses other than hand washing.
- An accumulation of dirt and food debris observed under storage room racks and around perimeter of wall.