Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned off at hand wash sink
Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned offread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted July 23, 2019
1659 A LITITZ PIKE Lancaster, PA 17601
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services paid a visit to the Primanti Brothers’s restaurant in Lancaster on July 23, 2019, finding the restaurant out of compliance with state food safety regulations.
During this visit the inspectors cited the restaurant for 13 violations. This same eatery also picked up 13 violations during its annual announced inspection last year on July 10, 2019.
Among the violations the state inspector cited the restaurant for:
- Sliced lemons and ice observed in the hand-wash sink in the food preparation are, indicating uses other than hand washing.
- Ice observed in the hand-wash sink in the wait station, indicating uses other than hand washing.
- Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – observed water leaking at the pipe beneath the hand-wash sink at the wait station.
- Observed in-use knives and spatulas stored beneath equipment, an area not easily cleanable & sanitized.
- Sliced tomatoes were held at 61°F, in the food preparation area, rather than 41°F or below as required. Tomatoes were sliced warm, placed in a cooler for an insufficient amount of time. Tomatoes were not cooled to 41 degrees or below prior to using and were at 61 degrees at the time of the inspection.
- The quaternary ammonia concentration in the sanitizing solution of the 3-bay warewash sink and the sanitizer buckets at the bar was 0 ppm, rather than 200 ppm as stated on the manufacturers use directions
- Mechanical ware washing equipment observed with build up of dust and food residue and not cleaned before use, and frequently throughout the day.
- Observed a gross accumulation of old food residue and grease build-up on the floor beneath the fryers and the grill area.
- Heavy accumulation of black static dust on the vents above the food preparation table in the food preparation area.
- Static dust observed on the fan guards of the walk-in cooler.
- Old hard food residue observed on the upper interior of the microwave.
- Unwrapped and unprotected single use straws stored in the customer area of the bar.
- Food employee and manager observed involved in food preparation, not wearing beard covers.
- Old food residue observed on the white strips on the bread slicer and on the back food contact surface of the bread slicer.
- Old food residue observed on the can opener blade. Old food residue observed inside the tomato slicer stored as clean.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- The caulking at the mechanical dishwasher is damaged by a black residue and is no longer easily cleanable.
- Clean bowls and plates stored next to the hand-wash sink in the food preparation area possibly subjecting the equipment to splash contamination from hand washing.
- Clean dish racks stored on the floor in the dish washing area.
- Clean food equipment and/or utensils on storage racks upstairs and in the basement, stored wet in a manner that does not allow for draining and/or air drying (wet nesting).