Update: The Pennsylvania Chronicle reached out to NARAI this morning and they refused comment.
The City of Lancaster conducted a restaurant inspection at local sushi venue NARAI Exotic THAI Cuisine and says they found the restaurant out of compliance having found some 11 different violations when they visited the restaurant on January 8, 2019.
NARAI Exotic Thai Cuisine Restaurant is located at 51 W FREDERICK ST Lancaster, PA 17603
The restaurant’s phone number is (717) 475-3499.
The violations included:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection
- Food stored throughout the facility open with no covering
- Raw eggs were stored above ready to eat foods in the reach-in refrigerator, Repeat violation.
- Food in refrigerated and frozen storage in the food prep area, are not labeled with the common name of the food
- Observed food stored directly on the floor in food prep area, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required
- Non-food contact surfaces in the food facility not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of dirt and grease
- Non-food contact surfaces not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of static dust
- Broken wall behind refrigerator in the food area is in need of repair
- Loose rubber door gaskets observed on the food prep area freezer
- Food Safety certification is not posted for public view
- Food contact surfaces throughout the facility are not clean
- Cooking oil waste not being removed from the food facility as evidenced by waste oil being stored in the food prep area
- Potentially hazardous food requiring date marking, in the food prep refrigeration and freezer areas, was not date marked