Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 4, 2019
WEIS MARKETS #041
Manor Shopping Center
1204 MILLERSVILLE PIKE
LANCASTER, PA 17603
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services visited the Weis Market in the Manor Shopping Center on March 4, 2019, for a Retail Food Inspection. The same Weis was found in compliance last August, although they were cited for 10 violations of Pennsylvania food safety and other regulations.
The March 4, 2019, visit saw the grocery story cited for 17 violations and the state agency found the store to be, “out of compliance.”
Comments in support of the violations from the inspector included:
- Turkey Bacon Lover’s Turkey, Oven Turkey, Pepper Turkey, Low salt turkey, Turkey roast, Liverwurst, Cooper black pepper cheese, a refrigerated, ready to eat time temperature control for safety food in the deli display case, was date-marked by the facility, but was beyond the 7-day use or sell by date and requires discarding.
- BAKERY DEPARTMENT – food ingredient storage containers is not labeled with the common name of the food.
- DELI DEPARTMENT – a bag of frozen tomato sauce observed thawing in standing water in the 3 compartment sink, which is not an approved thawing method.
- DELI DEPARTMENT – Food employee observed wearing a watch.
- The food facility does not maintain Food Employee Certification records as required.
- PRODUCE DEPARTMENT – No sign or poster posted at the hand-wash sink to remind food employees to wash their hands.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- MEAT DEPARTMENT – observed raw chicken being stored above raw pork in the walk-in cooler. MEAT DEPARTMENT – observed raw beef tips being stored above pork in the walk-in cooler.
- DELI DEPARTMENT – observed excessive grease beneath the fryers and near the rotisserie. DELI DEPARTMENT – Observed old food debris in the tracks of the display case doors. BAKERY DEPARTMENT – observed an accumulation of grease on the wheels and beneath the donuts fryer. BAKERY DEPARTMENT – the small, containers for sprinkles and coconut are grimy with a food residue build-up. SEAFOOD DEPARTMENT – observed old food splatter up inside the interior of the convection oven. DELI DEPARTMENT – observed old food splatter up inside the interior of the microwave.
- MEAT DEPARTMENT – observed 3 drain covers for the 3 compartment sink being stored in the hand-wash sink and two scrapers stored behind the faucet of the hand-wash sink, indicating uses other than hand washing.
- Observed the outside dumpster with the lids open and several birds inside scattering trash.
- DELI DEPARTMENT – Time in lieu of temperature being used in the food facility to control ready to eat potentially hazardous foods (pizza) without written procedures or documentation to verify disposition of food.
- DELI DEPARTMENT – Torn rubber door gaskets observed on the pizza unit.
- BAKERY DEPARTMENT – The hot water used for sanitizing in the mechanical warewashing machine did not reach 180°F. A call for repair was placed
- DELI DEPARTMENT – A stainless steel bowl and colander was greasy and not clean to sight and touch. BAKERY DEPARTMENT – observed old food residue inside the cupcake pans. PRODUCE DEPARTMENT – observed many black food containers, stored as clean, greasy and not clean to sight and touch.
- DELI DEPARTMENT – A working container of sanitizer was stored on a shelf above food.