Related stories for Pub 570 in Stroudsburg Tap to read the earlier stories Pub 570 Employee complains of coverage, passes follow up inspection by Department of Agriculture Pub 570 found out of compliance by Department of Agriculture in state inspection East...read more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted January 31, 2019
STOP & RUN’s Krispy Krunchy Chicken
1000 MANOR ST Lancaster, PA 17603
The Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture stopped by the Stop and Run’s Krispy Krunchy Chicken in Lancaster last week to inspect the fast food restaurant and found 9 violations resulting in the popular eatery failing it’s retail food inspection.
During the visit the inspector made the following comments:
- Thermometer for ensuring proper cold holding temperature of the reach-in cooler where the cooked chicken is stored is broken
- Black static dust observed on the fan guards of the walk-in cooler
- Grease splatter observed on the stainless steel wall behind the fryers
- Observed the sieve used to sift flour, being stored touching an unclean wall
- Facility is unable to properly wash/rinse/sanitize equipment and utensils, 3 sink stoppers are not available
- Old food residue observed on three knives, can opener, lids, and a scraper, all stored as clean on the magnetic strip
- Observed 5 pints of whole milk with a sell-by date of 1/21/19 being offered for sale on this day 1/31/19
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection
- Observed the top of the stove and the drip pan beneath the stove, in the cooking area, with an accumulation of grease, dirt, food residue, debris on non-food contact surfaces.
- Observed clean utensils stored inside a a bin with food crumbs and grease splatter