Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned off at hand wash sink
Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned offread more
Retail Food Inspection Report January 28, 2019
565 Greenfield RD, Lancaster, PA 17601
Ginza Sushi in Lancaster failed to pass a retail food inspection on January 28, 2019 conducted by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. The restaurant was cited for 10 violations.
The inspector made the following comments in a report:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection
- Observed raw shrimp stored above assorted sauces in the walk-in cooler. Observed raw chicken stored above raw shrimp, cooked shrimp, and sliced vegetables in the walk-in cooler. Observed raw chicken stored above lettuce in the walk-in cooler.
- Observed raw shrimp stored above cooked food in the reach-in cooler in the kitchen
- Assorted food in the reach-in cooler in the kitchen stored open with no covering
- Observed wrapped beef stored directly on the floor in the walk-in freezer, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required
- Raw beef observed thawing at room temperature on the 3 compartment sink, which is not an approved thawing method
- The hand-wash sink at the sushi bar does not have splash guards to protect food from splash contamination
- All of these utensils and equipment were stored as clean and had old food residue on them, were greasy and not clean to sight and touch: several pots and frying pans, 3 knives, a cleaver, a peeler all stored on the magnetic strip. Two colanders, 2 stainless-steel bowls, 3 gray totes, 3 plastic bowls all stored up on the shelf above the 3 compartment sink
- Employee observed rinsing off dirty equipment without a proper washing, rinsing, and sanitizing or using the mechanical dishwasher
- Static dust observed on the fan guards of the walk-in cooler
- These non-food contact surfaces are not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of dirt and soil: under all handles of all cooling units and the handles of the door to the sushi area
- Observed old food residue on the wall near the hand-wash sink near the cook line. Old food residue beneath the cook line and behind the grease trap
- The hand-wash sink at the sushi bar is being used for cleaning utensils. It will be the designated hand-wash sink for the sushi bar and for hand washing only
- Food employees at the sushi bar are not washing their hands between tasks, gloves are being reused rather than donning a new pair after washing hands.