That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, pink, brown and black mold-like substance on ice machine production area, a food contact surface
That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, ice machine’s production area, a food contact surface, was observed to have pink, brown and black mold-like substance
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted August 27, 2019
2060 BENNETT AVE
Lancaster, PA 17601
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an annual at the Lancaster Asian Center on August 27, 2019, finding some 22 violations resulting in the market being cited as being, “out of compliance. This is the first time since opening in November 2017 Asian Center has failed an inspection.
In support of the citations the inspector made the following comments:
- SEAFOOD DEPARTMENT – Observed wet wiping cloths not being stored in sanitizer solution.
- RESTAURANT – observed a working container of weed killer stored with food equipment.
- RESTAURANT – several flies observed in the restaurant area, the facility does have pest control
- Observed cardboard which is not cleanable, being used to line the shelves of the walk-in coolers and walk-in freezers.
- RESTAURANT – The hand-wash sink for employees located in the food preparation area, is not convenient and easily accessible, as evidenced by the observed lack of proper hand washing by employees.
- RESTAURANT – An insect control device located on the table with potential to contaminate food, equipment, and utensils.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed in the meat case, raw chicken stored above beef, rabbit, and pork.
- PRODUCE – observed raw shell eggs stored above fruit in the produce case.
- RESTAURANT – observed raw shell eggs stored above sauce and ready-to-eat food in the small cooler.
- RESTAURANT – Food utensils observed stored in a container of water which is not maintained at 135°F.
- Prepackaged vegetables, fruit, dried fruits, cooked food to-go not sold in 24 hours, and assorted meat are not labeled properly with the name of product, ingredient statement, net weight, and distributed by statement.
- RESTAURANT AND SEAFOOD – Observed deeply scored cutting boards not resurfaced or discarded as required.
- RESTAURANT – observed black residue in the drains beneath the 3 compartment sink and near the cook line.
- Observed a substantial amount of static dust on the fan guard in the vegetable cooler.
- MEAT COOLER – the floor of the meat cooler is not smooth and easily cleanable.
- RESTAURANT – Food employee personal belongings; keys, purses, cell phones, and food, observed in the food preparation area, although lockers are provided.
- SEAFOOD DEPARTMENT – observed a cup of tea on the food preparation table.
- Restaurant – Tilapia was held at 101°F, under the heat lamp, rather than 135°F or above as required.
- The floor of the vegetable cooler nearest to the office, has two chiseled out troughs in the floor making the floor no longer smooth and easily cleanable.
- Food facility has an original certificate posted, but the location is not conspicuous for public viewing.
- RESTAURANT – observed scouring pads, a fork, soap bottles, and a brush in the hand-wash sink in the food preparation area, indicating uses other than hand washing.
- RESTAURANT – Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – observed water leaking at the pipe beneath the hand-wash sink.
- WAREHOUSE – the dock door is damaged and does not close tightly and no longer protects against the entry of insects or rodents.
- WAREHOUSE – Wall in near the dock, has a holes and is broken and in need of repair.
- RESTAURANT – a working container of glass cleaner was stored on the same shelf with single service articles (to-go trays) beneath the cabinet in front.
- WAREHOUSE – observed cooking oil stored beneath cleaners and sanitizers.
- SEAFOOD DEPARTMENT – Food employee observed preparing food, not wearing proper hair restraints, such as nets or hats.