Black Knights Tavern and Grill
335 MAIN ST
LANDISVILLE, PA 17538
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on December 18, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Black Knights Tavern and Grill was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 7 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed water leaking from beneath the mechanical dishwasher.
- Mechanical ware washing equipment observed with build up of filth and food residue on top and not cleaned before use, and frequently throughout the day.
- Food facility inspection indicates evidence of roach activity in the bar area, the facility does have a pest control program.
- The areas have an accumulation of dust, dirt, food residue, trash, and other debris: beneath all units in the bar area, speed racks, outside of the cooler doors, and the small dump sink.
- The coving molding beneath the mechanical dishwasher is no longer attached to the wall.
- No sign or poster posted at the hand-wash sink in the employee restroom to remind food employees to wash their hands.
- Old unused equipment stored in the basement and at the bar, should be removed from food facility. Observed an extreme amount of clutter in the basement.
Police in Lancaster County say they are looking for, “Shrimp Guy,” ask for help to identify suspect
Lancaster County District Attorney latest to advise police Governor’s Order will not be prosecuted