Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned off at hand wash sink
Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned offread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted July 29, 2019
A SLICE OF BROOKLYN PIZZERIA
241 N QUEEN ST Lancaster, PA 17603
The city of Lancaster’s restaurants inspectors visited A Slice of Brooklyn Pizzeria on July 29, 2019, finding for the third consecutive inspection the restaurant failed to be in compliance with state regulations. Inspectors found 14 violations in this most recent visit.
On May 18, 2018, and October 19, 2016, the restaurant picked up six violations during each visit.
- Food ingredient storage containers, in the food prep area Bain-Marie, are not labeled with a date or the common name of the food. Repeat violation.
- Observed a dirty knife stored between a wall and shelf, an area not easily cleanable & sanitized.
- Observed employees shoes stored on top of food in the dry storage area.
- Observed raw eggs stored directly on the floor in walk-in refrigerator, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required.
- Food facility does not have available sanitizer test strips or test kit to determine appropriate sanitizer concentration.
- Duct tape is to be removed from the surface of the food prep area prep table, a food contact surface.
- Women’s toilet room is not provided with a covered waste receptacle for sanitary napkins. Repeat violation.
- Ceiling over the walk-in refrigerator is open to the roof and may contaminate the food prep area surfaces. Repeat violation.
- Floors and walls around the food fryer and grill, all non-food contact surfaces, are not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of grease and oil.
- Overhead light shields in the food prep area, non-food contact surfaces, are not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of static dust.
- Employee was observed rinsing rags in handwash sink located in the food prep area.
- Floor tiles in the ware wash area are cracked and are not durable, smooth, non-porous, or non-absorbent.
- Wall covering strip is pealing away from the door jam between the ware wash and food prep areas.
- Back door to the outside, located in the ware wash area of the food facility, is being propped open.
- Food facility operator failed to post an original, valid PDA Food Employee Certification in a location conspicuous to the consumer.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.