That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, pink, brown and black mold-like substance on ice machine production area, a food contact surface
That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, ice machine’s production area, a food contact surface, was observed to have pink, brown and black mold-like substance
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted August 13, 2019
YAK N YETI II
49 W HIGH ST Carlisle, PA 17013
Nine violations were cited by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services following an annual retail food inspection of Yak-N-Yeti in Carlisle, Cumberland County. As a result the restaurant was found to be out of compliance with state requirements for safe operation of a restaurant.
Among the observations noted by the inspector included:
- Observed a cell phone stored on a shelf with food containers in the kitchen.
- Hot water at the hand wash sink is not working properly and is turned off.
- No paper towels available at the hand wash sink in the kitchen.
- The Person in Charge does not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Employees are washing their hands at the 3 bay sink rather than the designated hand wash sink.
- Observed sponges being used in the kitchen.
- The plastic coating on the stainless steel shelving needs peeling off. It is tearing and no longer cleanable.
- Observed a bowl stored in the hand wash sink in the kitchen.
- Observed medicines stored with foods in the kitchen.