Employee eating ham while cutting, selling expired milk, Lancaster’s Rockvale Diner gets 17 violations after citizen complaint to state
Employee eating piece of ham while cutting, selling expired milk, Rockvale Diner gets 17 violations after citizen complains to state
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted August 13, 2019
YAK N YETI II
49 W HIGH ST Carlisle, PA 17013
Nine violations were cited by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services following an annual retail food inspection of Yak-N-Yeti in Carlisle, Cumberland County. As a result the restaurant was found to be out of compliance with state requirements for safe operation of a restaurant.
Among the observations noted by the inspector included:
- Observed a cell phone stored on a shelf with food containers in the kitchen.
- Hot water at the hand wash sink is not working properly and is turned off.
- No paper towels available at the hand wash sink in the kitchen.
- The Person in Charge does not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Employees are washing their hands at the 3 bay sink rather than the designated hand wash sink.
- Observed sponges being used in the kitchen.
- The plastic coating on the stainless steel shelving needs peeling off. It is tearing and no longer cleanable.
- Observed a bowl stored in the hand wash sink in the kitchen.
- Observed medicines stored with foods in the kitchen.