Harrisburg Police seek to identify “protesters” they allege were involved in criminal mischief
Harrisburg Police arrest man wanted for 2017 assault with miniature baseball bat, 2015 rape
Harrisburg imposes 9pm curfew on residents
Swatara Square Shopping Center
6301 GRAYSON RD
Harrisburg, PA 17111
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on September 17, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Vincenzo’s Pizza was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations.
Google Users rate Vincenzo’s Pizza an average 3.8 of 5 stars from 67 reviews. Their Facebook Users rated them 4.4 of 5 stars average across only 35 reviews.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Accumulation of patches of green mold on multiple wooden shelves storing covered food in the walk-in cooler.
- Employee wiping food residue from a deli food slicer using a wiping cloth with chlorine bleach, without washing and rinsing first.
- Food facility is using bleach Sanitizer at an extremely high concentration of over 200 ppm, not approved in the Code of Federal Regulations for food contact sanitizing at this level.
- Observed raw beef stored on a shelf above raw tomatoes in the walk-in cooler.
- Accumulation of old food residue on the underside of the mixer in the kitchen area.
- Observed multiple wet wiping cloths in the food preparation area, not being stored in sanitizer solution.
- Time in lieu of temperature being used in the food facility to control pizza without written procedures or documentation to verify disposition of food.
- Thermometers for ensuring proper temperatures of food are not available or readily accessible for a bain marie cold holding unit.
- Observed personal prescription medicine stored inside a bag on a table near equipment in the food preparation area.
- Mug in the hand washing sink indicating use other than hand washing.
- Observed a broken screen on the back exterior door that does not protect against entry of insects and rodents.
- Employee preparing food without a hair restraint.
- Observed hand lotion stored next to the front hand washing sink and not segregated away from food and equipment.