That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, pink, brown and black mold-like substance on ice machine production area, a food contact surface
That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, ice machine’s production area, a food contact surface, was observed to have pink, brown and black mold-like substance
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted August 19, 2019
750 EISENHOWER BLVD
Harrisburg, PA 17111
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services visited the Leeds LTD Restaurant in Harrisburg to conduct an unannounced annual retail food inspection. The restaurant was cited for 11 violations in the inspectors report, and as a consequence, was found to be, “out of compliance” with state food safety requirements.
This is the second consecutive year the restaurant failed to meet state requirements having racked up 14 violations in a similar inspection in April 2018.
Among the comments made to support the violations, the inspector stated in the report:
- Observed an employee preparing food wearing a wrist watch.
- Accumulation of old food residue on the deli food slicer.
- Observed accumulation of brown residue inside the two bar soda gun nozzles.
- Water condensation coming from the walls of the freezer into the floor of the walk-in cooler, causing pools of water under shelving units.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Dish rack stored directly on the floor under the mechanical dishwasher.
- Observed a pan of mashed potatoes left in a hot holding cabinet overnight that was turned off and approximately 77 F ambient temperature.
- Loose rubber door gaskets observed on the cooling unit to the left of the grill area.
- Observed raw chicken stored on a shelf above pickled onions and cabbage inside a refrigeration unit in the kitchen area.
- Water from the hand washing sink and mop sink is coming up from the drain next to the walk-in freezer.
- Observed a gap under the back exterior door, which does not prevent against entry of insect and rodents.