That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, pink, brown and black mold-like substance on ice machine production area, a food contact surface
That’s Amore Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in Bloomsburg blunders inspection, ice machine’s production area, a food contact surface, was observed to have pink, brown and black mold-like substance
5116 JONESTOWN RD STE 5080C
HARRISBURG, PA 17112
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on September 3, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due the severity of the specific violations the Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet in Harrisburg was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. This is the second consecutive year the restaurant failed an annual inspection.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed fruit flies throughout the kitchen and food preparation areas.
- Mold on ceiling tiles surrounding the high temperature mechanical dishwasher.
- Observed raw chicken stored on a shelf above raw fish in a refrigeration unit across from the grill area.
- Raw beef stored in raw chicken wing boxes in the walk-in freezer, which does not prevent against cross contamination.
- Deeply scored cutting boards not resurfaced or discarded as required.
- Observed a leak under the three compartment sinks in the ware-wash area and the food preparation area.
- Bulk bins of prepared food throughout the walk-in cooler and refrigeration units, held for more than 24 hours, without any date-marking.
- Fly strips throughout the kitchen and ware-wash areas, which do not protect against contamination of food preparation and equipment storage.
- Sushi in the sushi bar area and melons, eggs, cut lettuces and sliced tomatoes on the cold buffet are being held using time in lieu of temperature without written procedures or documentation to verify disposition of food.
- Observed an accumulation of food residue on the deli food slicer blade that hasn’t been used in over 4 hours.
- The temperature gauge of rinse cycle on the high temperature dishwasher is broken and not accurate to +-3 degrees.
- Facility does not have an irreversible maximum temperature thermometer or paper strips to verify the temperature of the high temperature mechanical dishwasher.
- Observed heavy build-up of scale inside the mechanical dish wash unit.