Harrisburg Police seek to identify “protesters” they allege were involved in criminal mischief
Harrisburg Police arrest man wanted for 2017 assault with miniature baseball bat, 2015 rape
Harrisburg imposes 9pm curfew on residents
Rivertown Bar and Grill in Middletown
2495 E. HARRISBURG PIKE
MIDDLETOWN, PA 17057
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on September 18, 2019, after receiving a complaint from the public. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Rivertown Bar and Grill was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations.
Google Reviews show the eatery with over 22,000 Facebook followers scores an average 4.2 of 5 stars with Google users and on Facebook earning 4.3 stars out of 5 averaged over 649 total reviews.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person-in-Charge is not performing the duties as required by the PA Food Code to actively manage food safety in this non-compliant facility.
- Crab meat, chicken wings and other foods requiring were held at were held at 50 °F, in the walk-in cooler, rather than 41°F or below as required. Items disposed.
- Door located in the kitchen area of the food facility has a gap and does not protect against the entry of insects and rodents. Repeat issue.
- Wall mounted potato cutter has dried food residue accumulation. Cleaned at time of inspection.
- A container of shell stock located in the bain marie did not have identification tags attached to the container.
- Equipment not in good repair-The walk-in cooler is not maintaining the minimum required temperature of 41 degrees F or less.
- The hot water used for sanitizing in the mechanical ware washing machine did not reach 165°F for stationary rack dish machine.